How exciting! This is the first time I’ve been tagged in anything. So grateful to Motherhood IRL for nominating me to take part in The Mummy Tag. Here are my answers…
1. Are you a Stay at Home Mum or a Working Mum?
I am currently a stay at home mum. I have been on maternity leave for 6 months and am returning to the working world in a couple of weeks! Eek!
2. Would you have it any other way?
Absolutely. I would love to be able to stay at home or work from home so that I can nurture my babies until they start school. It makes me sad that I will have to pay someone else to do a job that I am supposed to do. But, this is the way it has to be for now.
3. Do you co-sleep?
Hell no. I cannot relax knowing that there is a little person laying somewhere in my king size bed. What if I squash them? Luckily my daughter is a superstar sleeper who stays in her bed for 12 hours a night. My son sleeps in his cot next to my bed and sometimes we hold hands through the bars – thats as close as it gets. I think co-sleeping is a beautiful thing but it just doesn’t work for us. Plus we all sleep like star fish.
4. What is your one must-have item for your baby?
Sofie la Girafe! She is a staple in our house hold. She is the one toy that can stop baby J from moaning. She squeaks, she’s chewy AND she’s bendy. What more could a baby want?
5. How many kids do you plan on having?
We have already been blessed with a boy and girl so I am not putting any pressure on myself to have more kids. I think my body could possibly handle one more. Never say never…
6. Date nights? How often do you have them?
Sometimes the kids fall asleep in the pram while we’re having meatballs in Ikea. Does that count?
7. Your child’s favourite show?
Something Special! (Mr. Tumble). We don’t even bother putting the CBeebies channel on anymore – we just go straight to iPlayer.
8. Name one thing you bought before you had the baby and never ended up using?
The bath support thing. Both my babies were too wide to fit in it from birth!
9. Your child’s favourite food?
10. How many cars does your family have?
11. Weight gain, before pregnancy, during, after and now?
Before pregnancy I was never really worried about my weight, I was a healthy size and never really went up or down. During my first pregnancy I put on about 4 stone! But managed to get it all off before my second pregnancy where I put on 2 stone. 5 months on I haven’t done much to try and lose weight. Reasons (excuses) being:
- I still feel tender after my c-section and don’t feel quite ready to exercise.
- I didn’t think dieting was the right thing to do while I was breastfeeding. (it’s now half past midnight and I’ve just whacked down a jerk chicken bagel and a chicken patty in coco bread)
- Basically, I like eating.
12. Dream holiday with your kids?
I need to go back to Cape Verde!!! They would love it.
13. Dream holiday without your kids?
A few days in Vegas followed by a week or two in Hawaii.
14. How has your life changed since having kids?
Everything just makes so much more sense. I can see things in black and white and can make decisions with ease. I appreciate everything so much more. I don’t get drunk anymore and I’m always tired. Bodily fluids no longer bother me.
15. Finish the sentence “It makes heart melt when…”
My daughter whispers to her brother “I love you”.
16. Where do you shop for your kids?
For the girl – Ted Baker, Next, Gap, Kickers, Doc Martens and the odd bargain from T.K.Maxx. All of her nursery clothes are from Primark.
For the boy – Ralph Lauren, Next, Baby Gap. I’m still finding my feet with boyswear.
17. Favourite make-up and skincare products?
Mac – Studio Fix Powder. THAT. IS. ALL.
18. Huggies or Pampers?
Pampers for nappies. Either for wipes (whatever is on special offer).
19. Have you always wanted kids.
Yes. That’s why I was put on this earth. It broke my heart when I thought I couldn’t have kids due to Polycystic Ovaries.
20. Best part of being a mum?
Experiencing unconditional love.
That’s me done! I would like to nominate:
Pleased to be linked up with…